MSD Profile - Richelle L. Brown

Her comparisons alone make you wonder and want to listen. “In no particular order, I’ve been compared to Cee-Lo, Beyonce, Erykah Badu, Kelis, Teena Marie, but they come so weird to me,” the earthy yet expressive being immediately begins to separate herself from the international talents.

Richelle Brown is some type of Soul. The singer has an energy that lives through her voice. “I’m full of burning bright fire that just wants to heat thangs up! I’m all about flying high, it’s my nature and it reflects in everything I am and in what I do!” When Fadia Kader, the head of Atlanta’s own Broke and Boujee, calls her to participate in the upcoming Perfect Attendance mixtape and showcase, she was game. Being familiar with the other artists on the mixtape makes her appearance on Perfect Attendance even better. “I’ve hung out with Eva Kennedy. She is really talented woman. I’ve also worked with Khaos and Corinne Stevie. We have not made a big deal about the track we worked on but we really should.”

Richelle Brown is some type of Blues. The first song she ever recorded was heart-felt and created a power in her to move forward no matter what others said about her in the past. “Swagga Black Country Queen is dedicated to my past obstacles and naysayers.” Her other songs and their concepts mean more than you can imagine. Just when no one can confidently criticize Berry Gordy’s The Last Dragon, Miss L. Brown found inspiration from the movie’s soundtrack. “"Super Funky Sounds" was inspired by Vanity's "7th Heaven" from the movie. It started out as a poem,” she says. And remember that bass the dirty south kicked it to in the 90s; she’s inspired by that too. “"Electric Funky Girl" is a flirty song inspired by the down south Freaknic bass music and 70s funk.”

Richelle Brown is some type of Rhythm. When Brown performs, it’s a celebration full of color, life, love, and high spirits. On January 2nd, Brown says the crowd can expect “the uplifting of Ma’at[Egyptian principle] within myself, raising my Kundalini[channeling her energy], some therapy, and just getting the crowd up to jam.” As for her other upcoming projects, “The song “Take it to the Next Extreme” with Khaos and Corinne Stevie is hot! It has a real nice 90s, West coast Dr. Dre and Devin Da Dude vibe. Other than that, because of priority shifts in my life, I’m intending to become a spiritual scholar and sharing it in my music as well as being fly at the same time; taking that old consciousness in music to the next level in sounds and vibrations.” She’s also hoping to do some major work with SMKA after the showcase, so lookout for that.

Swagga Black Country Queen

Riot Greedy Cruel Deeds



Check out more of Richelle at her MySpace Music page or catch up with her on Twitter.