Mums FP - Dats the Homie

Everybody loves Mums FP. Over half of the Perfect Attendance performers named him as someone they enjoyed working with or want to work with. He is talented, more lyrical than anything, and apparently the best thing since the beginning of the 20th century. “Okay I’m like the biggest thing to happen to recording music since recording music,” he laughs. Don’t get it twisted though; Mums ego is nowhere to be found in his caring and charming attitude towards his life, others, and his career. “If you are reading this interview and you haven’t checked out Money Makin Nique, you should check him out. I mean if Fadia Kader put them on the bill it’s a go because she has a great ear and sense for music,” Mums praises. Mums FP has known Fadia for years now. Through the party life, showcases, and the underground scene, they have built a great relationship that’s allowed for him to take her musical criticisms. “She was one of the first people I let hear my stuff about three years ago and still is. I value her opinion and what she has to say.” Rapping since he was in high school, Mums FP hustle and bustle has paid off. Originally a killer[Killa Cam] and C Mums, he ended up taking his stage moniker from his grandmother for his mumbling voice and FP for "Frees the People," which is reminiscent of Juneteenth birthday. He’s now at the top of Atlanta’s underground scene and his work should definitely not be looked over. Claiming to be hip, but not a hipster, Mums has reinvented himself with every release. The 24 mixtape was themed by the television drama "24" with “Perfect Suspect” being a favorite track of the ladies. His 4th Quarter mixtape sparked the hit “Showcase” feat. Dreamer of Hollyweerd. In Case of Fire…Use Stairs is coming later this year and the promotion has begun. “When I promote I get posters done, shirts made, and if I have the budget, I want to get one of those planes that will be pulling my name behind it. Keep in mind I am my budget,” he laughs. Mums live show is the best promotion available. He’s anxious to get back to the stage that he’s been away from for the last couple months. His real time rap that is provided by his life inspirations set him apart from the other performers but not his comparisons. “I’ve been compared to Lupe and Curren$y, but I don’t currently have any big inspirations; just the average Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Kanye. I just live life and learn from that.” On April 3rd, we get to hear these stories. Through crowd participation, his comedic personality, and the push for a dancing at 529, the show is guaranteed to be a pleasure.