Al K!ng - Little Monster

Al K!ng does it all. He breakdances, draws, fashion designs, writes, and entertains. “I’m just an overall artist. Both of my parents were artists. I do graffiti work too, my dad taught me. I just do everything. I’m an entertainer.” He’s a visual musician, turning art into sound with every live moment. “I’m really getting into electro, symph, and strings,” Al describes. His sound is so abstract, conceptual, and creative. “I drew Al King out. Like the group Gorillaz, that was my concept for Al King,” Al tells. His inspirations are few, but he looks to collaborate throughout Atlanta with jazzy vocalists, his favorite rapper, and producers. “I’d love to work with Bosco. I’ve seen her growth from SCAD and everything. I love Janelle Monae, she’s great. Definitely want to work with Ludacris, he’s my favorite rapper. Kanye is cool and the dj at Drunken Unicorn, Lecastlecania, he is great producer too.” Looking forward to Saturday’s showcase is something big for him in Atlanta. Coming out of Macon, Ga, Al King is powerful and lively in his performance. He is making things happen further down I-75 with another Perfect Attendance emcee. “The summer of 2009 was big for me and Floco Torres. We did the split EP album Psychedelphia and Phantom of the Art Gallery won Album of the Year at the 11th Hour Reader’s Choice Awards in Macon,” he exclaims. Al finds it hard to put his craft into words, so he puts it into shows. April 3rd, Al is ready to meet the stage and set it off. Expect an action-packed performance and live art taking place for about 12 minutes. “Art is evident in all I do. There is gonna be a lot of energy and talent on the stage. Everyone has a lot to look forward to.”