Boog Brown - Up Jumps The Boogie

Definitely a force to be reckoned with in the hip hop scene, Ms. Brown has made her way across Atlanta's underground scene and mixtape crowd. Her latest release is what's got her going and her upcoming ventures are taking her to the top. Next Tuesday will be her first time performing in Athens, Ga. Welcome to Bulldog Nation.



Miss Solow Dolow: You were in Creative Loafing's "Best of '09." How have things been for you in 2010?
Boog Brown: 2010 has been incredible so far! I just finished up the album with Apollo Brown called The Brown Study, performed at SXSW, dropped my mixtape Grind Season Vol 1, and I celebrated a birthday. Plus I have a couple shows lined up so far and of the three of the two are paying! Yaaaay!! Busy busy, but glad to be so.

MSD: You've done several shows. Who are some of your favorite artists to perform with?
BB: I have to say Clan Destined, Dillon Maurer, Adrift Da Belle, Rita J, SmallEyez and Lyric Jones to name a few. They surprise me every time. I always walk away even more inspired than before and ready to fine tune my shit. I want to inspire them as much as they inspire me.

MSD: How is the underground scene in Atlanta?
BB: That shit is gangsta! If only the cliques would realize there's more power in numbers than everybody trying to be a fuckin' star we can all get paid. Lots of the females and even the males don't know that what they eat don't make nobody else shit but them so they get hung up on little shit like trying be the top dog. That's how they lose their art and that's the only wack shit about the underground scene. I guess that's everywhere though.

MSD: How is the She the Hard Way project going? What is your relationship like with the other artists?
BB: She the Hard Way is going well. We kinda took a break so we can all focus on our respective projects at the moment. All the ladies I've had the pleasure of working with are dope so our working relationship reflects that. I am truly inspired by them so it just gets me amped to hear any of them spit an ill verse. Makes me realize to step my rhymes up so I don't get lost in the sauce.

MSD: What other Atlanta artists would you like to collaborate with?
BB: There are so many: Broady Champs, Binkis Recs, Adrift da Bell, Rita J, Naira, Smalleyez, Dillon Maurer, theDollDaze, and a gang of other folks who conveniently slip my mind at the present time. Aint that how it always goes?!

MSD: Are you familiar with the rest of the bill for the Athens Show? BB: Just Lyric, but I am super excited to see and hear something new and refreshing. MSD: What can we expect on Marth 30th? (MY BDAY!)
BB: Some real live shit! I get down! Detroit stand up!